Thursday, March 12, 2009

Solace

Much of our communication is nonverbal.

I'm not going to throw out any percents here ... but I don't think anyone would argue that a lot of times, the way we get a message from Point A to Point B has nothing to do with language.

This film, which was forwarded to me by filmmaker Bill Kersey, is a poignant example of just how powerful silence can be.

The film's official description: " The story of a man, his grief and his guitar is told through music and a lyrical montage of still images."

Both sweet and moving, it's only three minutes long, and definitely worth your time.

2 comments:

Gail Rae said...

Oh!
I had to embed this video (my first video embed) in my journal. It says so much that I've been trying to say...
Thank you.

Jessica Knapp said...

Glad you like it. I thought it was really inventive.

Watch out with the embedded videos. They're addicting.