Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Death with Dignity Initiative Passes in Washington

The Seattle Times is projecting victory for Washington State's Death with Dignity Initiative, I-1000. I'm so grateful and proud of my home state. And score one for the initiative process!

This makes us only the second state in the country to pass such legislation.

If Oregon's history with the law is any indication, many legal battles are in the future for Washington's Death with Dignity legislation. But this is a big step forward. And any legal battle means more press, which means more discussion about the way we die.

2 comments:

dethmama said...

Wow! I was wondering about that tonight. I'm very impressed!

Jessica Knapp said...

Me too. I'm sure it still has an uphill battle before it's actually made into workable legislation, but it's a very exciting and very big step.