Friday, August 7, 2009

Never trust a corpse

I meant to catch this movie at the Seattle International Film Festival, but just didn't get around to it. So I'm excited to see this review at NPR.org; it gives me hope that wider release is on the way, and I might get a second chance.

I Sell the Dead recounts the exploits of two grave robbers as one of them is about to face the guillotine for his crimes. The horror film is supposed to be more comedy than gore, which is why I'm interested ... not to say that it isn't ghoulish and frightening. 

During SIFF, it played at a midnight showing, and from what I can glean, that pretty much characterizes the type of movie this is: fun, startling, a little gross, not too serious, dealing with the undead. What more could you want in the witching hour? 

It is directed and written by Glenn McQuaid and stars Dominic Monaghan and Larry Fessenden.   

Here's the trailer. 



No comments: